Welcome to Internet Marketing Guide
Internet Music Marketing Article
E-books is one of the best weapons in your Internet marketing arsenal.
The the main reason why free e-books forms such an integral to your Internet marketing tool kit is that, it is viral in nature! It can spread like a wild fire on Internet giving you continual traffic to your website.
- An e-book is a digital or electronic copy of a book. Just like e-mail is digital mail. With the advancement of technology an entire library can be referenced and indexed just at the tip of your fingertips. Millions upon millions of text can be stored in devices that get smaller and smaller every year.
- E-books have certainly opened more doors for us to enjoy literature. Books in digital form can be indexed and searched for a particular text in a flash. With the advancements in technology even e-books captured in image formats can be searched.
- E-books take up less space. An entire volume of encyclopedia can be stored in a single compact disk. You can carry hundreds of e-books on a compact disc! You can read them on your laptop whenever you want and wherever you want. There also exists devices for reading e-books make it possible to read even in low light. From the perspective of Internet marketing, e-books can be published on the fly with no printing or material costs.
- Texts in e-books can be magnified, changed to a different font or color. This feature will enable handicapped readers an option for possibly reading more books. It also contributes better to the reading experience of the user. He can choose whatever font he wants with color choice.
- They can be converted to audio books using text-to-speech software.
- They are versatile and readily portable to different media and platforms.
- Distribution and Reproduction can be done instantly and at a low cost.
- Errors can be easily rectified just like downloading a patch for software.
- Publishing requirements aren't as difficult to produce as requirements for normal books. This is one of the feature that prompts many Internet marketing wizards to come out with e-books. There exists many Internet marketing businesses that caters to Niche e-book products that one can resell for a profit.
- They are relatively cheaper and easier to maintain.
- E-books are easily converted to any format desired even to a database.
So now you have a rough idea on why e-books forms one of the main Internet
marketing instruments. Here's is a nice article
on e-book compilers and
self-publishing -- if your want more info on this.
No matter what type of Internet marketing you are in -- you need to add some free e-books on your own to spread the name about your Internet marketing venture.
Pros and Cons of E-Books.
The potentials of e-books may be limitless but they also have their disadvantages. Some advantages of e-books over standard books can also be a double edged sword.
- They cause eyestrain. Extended periods of reading can also cause other health-related problems.
- You always need a power source for your device for you to be able to read.
- Electronic media wears and tears easier than standard books. A scratched CD might be useless compared to a book with a torn page.
- Has no more 'collectors item' value to it. There are no rare e-books.
- Certain software requires upgrades and can cause incompatibilities.
- Proves too easy to be copied illegally. Copies can just be sent through emails.
Types of E-books.
E-books come in different formats. Each format was designed for a certain purpose. The most common formats used for e-books are as follows:
- Plain text, is the most basic format of them all. Plain text can be easily read by almost all computers and related devices.
- Image files, these books primarily comprise of snap shots of the pages of a book. Zooming is possible but may compromise the quality of the displayed item.
- Rich Text Format (RTF), is a standard file set by Microsoft Corporation. RTF files like HTML (HyperText Markup Language) files; they are text files that have special tags or markups.
- Standard Generalized Markup Language (SGML), quite similar to an RTF and an HTML, the main difference is that the markups can come from sets that can vary.
- eXtensible Markup Language (XML) is derived from (SGML) also a markup language but using a markup set that conforms to the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) standard
- TeX is an e-book format that is popular with the academe. It specializes in e-books for math, science and computers. Its best feature is in representing mathematical formula.
- PostScript is defined as a page description format. It is used essentially in desktop publishing. PostScript files have the '.ps' extension
- Portable Document Format (PDF) is a file format by Adobe Systems. A widely accepted format for its robustness and many features. It would worthwhile to mention here that PDF's are the best preferred in Internet marketing. The simple reason is that it runs on all platforms. It runs on PC as well as Mac.
- eReader is file format normally associated with Palm Digital Media
electronic books (Palm Digital Media)
E-books from digital Media are usually encrypted. Readers are required to buy the decryption key, which are usually the credit card number and the buyer's full name.
Publishing e-books are proving to be profitable especially with laws
regarding electronic copyrights are becoming stricter. E-books are great sources
of reading material some of them you can actually get for free. There are
numerous web sites that offer writers a place to showcase their writing. In a
way writers gain public exposure and readers get variety. The quality is often
No matter how many kinds of e-books out there, no matter how trivial or important the advantages or disadvantages of e-books, E-books are definitely here to stay.
We sincerely hope you liked this article on e-books. You will find many more useful Internet marketing around this site. That is, if you care to look around.
Internet Music Marketing Best products
More News On Internet Marketing!
Internet Music Marketing News
Mipcom: Hot Titles, Booming Biz Add Sizzle to Market Despite Weather Woes - Variety
Mipcom: Hot Titles, Booming Biz Add Sizzle to Market Despite Weather Woes
CANNES – The severe storm that claimed at least 17 lives on Saturday and caused severe flooding in the region is the only thing casting a dark cloud on the Mipcom TV market this year. Despite radiant sunshine Sunday, floods left Cannes sans Internet in ...
Cheaper and Smarter: Blowing Up College With Nanodegrees - Newsweek
Cheaper and Smarter: Blowing Up College With Nanodegrees
With the success of digital learning companies like Udacity, which offers "microdegrees" in software development and other studies that are recognized by leading companies (unlike other kinds of online courses), the traditional liberal arts degree ...
E-Books Will Never Replace Print, Because E-Books Are Stagnant and Poorly Designed - Gizmodo
E-Books Will Never Replace Print, Because E-Books Are Stagnant and Poorly Designed
Today, pre-release online streaming is a commonplace, expected part of music marketing. But back in 2000, no one thought it was possible to sell an album with MTV videos and radio singles, until one underrated executive at Capitol Records tried ...
Apple innovations in virtual music, seeks patent on fuel cell for portable ... - IPWatchdog.com
Apple innovations in virtual music, seeks patent on fuel cell for portable ...
In searching through the patents most recently issued to Apple, we took note of a trio of patents showcasing Apple's interest in developing better digital systems for music. U.S. Patent No. 9105260, entitled .... within U.S. Patent Application No ...
September in Latin America: All the tech news you shouldn't miss from the past ... - The Next Web
The Next Web
September in Latin America: All the tech news you shouldn't miss from the past ...
The Next Web
Latin American bitcoin player BitPagos acquired Unisend, which PulsoSocial describes as “the only online exchange market between Argentine pesos and bitcoins.” The connection .... Troubled premium music service Tidal rolled out in Brazil. As ...
As digital music programming grows, so does lack of originality - Dancing Astronaut
As digital music programming grows, so does lack of originality
This is best exemplified by a recent Facebook post from indie-electronic rock project, RAC, who explains “the proliferation of cheaper recording devices and marketing tools has blown off the doors to the music industry.” The post continues, “Any kid ...