Welcome to Search Engine Optimization Guide
Search Engine Optimization Article
Yahoo has improved a lot and occupies a prime spot in your SEO plan.
Some even believe that with their improved popularity, SEO experts have again begun to concentrate on Yahoo again.
These tips will help you to come out with a SEO strategy targeted towards high listings in Yahoo.
SEO Tips for Yahoo.
Yahoo undergone a lot of changes in the past few months and it has become important again. Many say that their new search tool provides more relevant search results than Google does now great for Yahoo, since they were the top dog before Google came along.
Hence the relevance of Yahoo in your site's SEO plan. People have begun to search Yahoo again and they are moving on a competition path with Google.
Even for a few years after Google's conception, Yahoo was the high and mighty search engine. It is still the popular choice for those who are seeking popular culture solutions and should be the target search engine for such pages. Yahoo will put up a fight here for the king pin of search engines again before too long so make sure that you have quality results here as well as Google.
In general, Yahoo's spiders work the same way as Google's, following every link they find on the web and putting that information in a database. As always, you can also submit your site to the index manually. These manual submissions will speed up the process slightly but probably wont give you instantaneous results. There are no real ways to incorporate high rankings.
Now where as Google pays lot of attention on incoming links, Yahoo concentrates on the keyword density. This factor must be kept in mind when you draw up your SEO plan for Yahoo.
Yahoo places some weight on your incoming links, but not as much as Google does its more interested in your content, which could explain why Yahoos results seem to be more relevant. To get a strong ranking at Yahoo, you should pay more attention to your keyword density than you do to your link popularity.
A good software that can help you with your keywords is Keyword Elite.
Yahoo is also less likely to index a huge number of pages than other search
engines are. Normally forums and posts are not touched by Yahoo as it will deem
them unnecessary. There are times when this may seem like a good idea to many
searchers, but there are also times when these types of results are missed.
Basically, keep in mind that you will not get as many pages indexed by Yahoo as
you will by Google, MSN, and other search engines. You may, however, get a
higher number of hits out of each page that you get listed in Yahoo depending on
the type of site that you provide.
At a Glance.
1. Use keyword-rich titles, about 20 words long and unique for each page of your site. These titles are the first things that Yahoo sees and are the single most important aspect of your site regardless of which search engine you are optimizing for.
2. Use the meta description tag on each page too, with a description that fits your site well. Yahoo still uses meta tags for its descriptive purposes but not necessarily word for word. Make sure that you have a quality description so that you don't run into situations where you don't get listed because of lack thereof. Basically, your description tag is an evasive action rather than an attempt at attaining a high number of hits or a higher rating.
3. A meta keywords tag should be included on every page of your website, and it should list words and phrases related to the site. Make sure that the key words describe the specific page rather than the site itself except for the index page. You don't want a bunch of people to be going to the wrong front page. They may see the page, not find their answer and leave. If they find your home page, they'll probably see that its a home page, look for a relevant link, and find the answer or material that they are looking for.
4. Well-written, keyword-rich content will help you a lot with Yahoo. Well-written content is important regardless of search engines. This content is the entire reason for your sites existence. Make sure that the content that you deliver is something that you want your name on. Something that you can stand behind.
5. Easy-to-follow internal links in plain text will help Yahoos spider the bottom of the page is a good place for them.
A good software that will aid you in this regard is SEO Elite. It suggests the right way when you draw up your SEO plan.
The key to getting a high ranking at Yahoo is to keep adding keyword-rich, relevant content to your website on a regular basis. Continual updates let Yahoos spiders know that you are maintaining the site and keeping your information updated they'll come back regularly to check out these changes.
Yahoos improvements are sure to help them in the market, and the number of users flocking to Yahoo is starting to show optimizers that there are more search engines out there than just Google.
We hope these tips on SEO targeted at Yahoo has helped you. Many more informative tips are available on this site if you browse around it.
Search Engine Optimization Best products
More News On Search Engine Optimization!
Search Engine Optimization News
No item elements found in rss feed.