Welcome to Web Traffic Guide
Building Site Tool Traffic Web Article
Doorway and Feeder Pages That Explode Your Traffic Part 2
By: Ivan Kelly
Doorway pages are "Meet and Greet" professionals! Their job is to invite and welcome visitors and to direct them towards a site which is relevant to their needs and offers more information. In other words, to funnel traffic towards sites which are designed to convert traffic into revenue.
Proper design of these doorway pages is vital to their success. They are your frontline troops. However, instead of arming them with guns, they are designed to express enormous charm and visitor appeal! They are acceptable and appealing to human visitors as well as the search engines.
Some Useful Tips For Your Doorway Pages:
1. A doorway page should load quickly, to encourage the visitor to enter and explore the site instead of getting peeved and impatient, building resistance. So keep your graphics to a minimum. Banners and logo should be small and linked to the next level up - the sales page. Also include your keywords within the image "ALT" tag. Beneath your logo, prepare an intriguing sentence that you link to the next level.
2. Host your feeder sites cheaply. This can be done by signing up with a host that allows muliple, even "unlimited" domains on the one account, such as reseller accounts. Having multiple blogs serves a similar purpose. It's possible to buy domain names very cheaply - around $5 each. Blog names are free.
3. If you use any questionable marketing ("black hat") tactics, such as automatic page generating software, do not use them with your star and planet sites. Don't risk having them banned. Likewise with your advertising accounts. If you display ads, such as Adsense, be sure that those sites are squeeky clean, so that you don't risk your account.
4. Select three keyword phrases that closely describe the site (doorway page) you are designing. For instance, if the page is to be about dog training, you might have keyword phrases such as: dog training, obedience training, house training. Place these in your keyword meta tags, between the heading tags, of your web page source code. Separate each phrase with a comma.
5. Prepare a descriptive sentence about this site using the keyword phrases you've selected, such as: "Dog Training Course: Expert Tips For Successful House And Obedience Training." Use this sentence for your DESCRIPTION meta tag. Note the initial caps.
6. For the TITLE meta tag, simply use your primary keyword phrase. For example: Dog Training. Also suitable would be a line that includes the secondary keywords, separated with a pipe: Dog Training | Obedience Training | House Training
7. Place your keywords in the comments tag. This can be done throughout the web page as you organize your content.
!--Begin Dog Training Introduction--
!--End Dog Training Introduction
These are not visible on your web page but can be read in the HTML.
8. Provide valuable content that contains your keywords every couple of sentences. It does not need to be lengthy. It could be in the form of a comment, report or article of about 250 - 350 words. Your aim is to provide keyword rich, search engine friendly, useful material.
9. Save your doorway page using one of the keywords.
If there are multiple pages, a number can be added to distinguish each one:
The power of doorway pages to attract website traffic comes from the valuable, keyword-rich content that you've designed to have BOTH search engine and visitor appeal. Of course, you don't have to stop with just one page! Imagine the flow of website traffic if you have a hundred, or more, of these focused doorway pages, all feeding traffic to your site...
This article began in Part 1 with important details about a marketing strategy which utilizes doorway pages to generate a huge flow of traffic to selected websites in the system. Both parts are available online.
Ivan Kelly managed a Direct Mail business with extensive mailing lists for ten years and has designed and promoted many websites. Part 1 if this article is available online at: Doorway Pages - Part 2
Building Site Tool Traffic Web Best products
More News On Web Traffic!
Building Site Tool Traffic Web News
No item elements found in rss feed.