Thanks to recent information that leaked by Google within their US Patent Application 20050071741, we now know that quality content and incoming links are essential to the survival of your website within the search engines.
Bottom line, you need to start to develop quality content. But, not to only display it on your website, rather than have other webmasters display it on their websites with your URL included in a resource box attached to the article. That will bring you the incoming links for free.
You can always display other people's articles (content) on your website. That will add to the quality content on your site. But, that will not bring you the incoming links needed for high search engine positioning ? and free traffic.
Therefore, you need to start creating and submitting quality articles that will be widely accepted by other webmasters around the globe.
In fact, Google is practically telling you to do so! That means there's no way out if you want to stay atop of the Internet marketing game.
Search Engines are constantly on the "look out" for freshly written content that has been submitted online.
So, how do you come up with ideas for your next highly read article that will get the attention of many, many webmasters who will want to publish it in their ezines, newsletters, blogs, websites, and so on?
Here are 9 ways to get ideas for your next high quality article.
1. Follow the trend. Subscribe to other newsletters that are related to your niche and see what they're writing about at this very moment. If several newsletters are writing on a same topic, it means that it's a topic in demand at this time. Your best bet would be to do your research on that same topic, and write an article about it.
2. Participate in online forums related to your niche. Take a look at what people are talking about. Look at the questions they are asking. Then look at the number of participants on a specific question or topic. The topics that are bringing the greatest number of visitors would make for an excellent article.
3. Visit blogs related to your niche. Read what the blog owners are posting. Are there several posts form several blog owners on a similar or even the same topic? Then look at what kind of comments the readers are leaving. Are there any questions? Blogs are the hot Internet marketing medium right now and you can literally find them everywhere on any topic. This is an excellent source for your next article idea.
4. Every now and then a webmaster would send an e-mail to his or her list (which I subscribe to), and announce that quite a few of his or her subscribers e-mailed them with the same or similar question. The webmaster will then answer that question to the entire list in case more subscribers were wondering about the same thing. There's your idea of what people are looking for at that very moment.
5. Keep your eyes and ears open at all times. Take a look at what information is being broadcasted on TV, radio, newspapers, and online. That information is usually a hot topic at that time.
6. Go to amazon.com or any other bookstore, whether online or offline and check what are the top sellers. Also, look at the magazines related to your niche. See what's being published. This can be a good way to come up with an article that catches the attention of what people are reading.
7. Be seasonal and be responsive to the most current hot events. Write about what is going on that time of the year. Holidays, festivals, sports, graduations, etc. Also, write about the most current hot event happening right now. All this makes for an article that people will want to read during that season and while the current hot event is taking place.
8. The absolute best idea. Survey your current customers, subscribers or even your website visitors. Ask them what kind of article they would like to see in your next newsletter or published on your website. Also keep track of what your customers and prospects are asking you. They're literally giving you the ideas for a good article.
9. Start a swipe file on what others are writing about. (Swipe file is a collection of other people's work). Collect other people's articles that catch your attention and refer to them when you're out of ideas. If the article is of interest to you it will probably be of interest to others. Never plagiarize the work of others though, but you can certainly get good ideas this way. The biggest benefit of a swipe file is having it handy to refer back to over and over whenever you are ready to write your article and you're not sure what you want to write about.
The internet marketer who can write high quality and interesting articles has a huge leg up on their competition. If you can master this strategy there is no limit to how much money you can make online.
Steve Dimeck. Author and Publisher. For more quality articles
such as the one you've just read, visit http://www.ogdteam.com -
Internet Marketing information and resources.