It's very easy to write and upload an article to a directory, add it to your blog or website, publish it in an eZine or email. It's a little harder getting people who see and read your article to read your resource box and respond in a way that generates traffic and makes money for you.
Everyday techniques like adding your email address and a mention of your web site are very important but very often people jot down the details and promptly forget about them, or write them down incorrectly and that's even worse than not writing them down at all.
These are the best ways to turn your article's resource box into a traffic magnet for your business:
1) Add a question to your resource box that can only be answered by contacting you or visiting your site or downloading a free report, etc.
* That's ten things you may not already know about AdSense, but if you want to know the number one, absolutely tops, no doubting it, THE Very Best Way to Double Your AdSense Income, email me at BLAHBLAH and you'll have the answer in seconds. (For an article about AdSense but could be adapted to suit almost any subject).
* Want to know more about the Public Domain, such as which writer's books fell into the public domain today and can now be used as content for your web site or even reprinted and sold as eBooks? If so, and you'd like to know about another 100 writers whose work has just entered the public domain, download my free report BLAHBLAH at www.here'swheretogetit.com (Again, about the public domain but can be adapted to suit most subjects).
2) Offer something valuable for free, such as a special report on the subject covered in your article or an eBook rebranded with your affiliate details. Get people to sign up for your newsletter to obtain the freebies, or give download details in your resource box and let readers download the eBook with your affiliate links embedded and wait for cash to pile into your bank account.
3) Make your article a multi-part feature, such as Part 1, Part 2, etc., or by inviting readers to visit your site for more information about the subject.
* Part 2 of this article can be viewed at www.mysite.com
* Contact me for Parts 2 to 10 of this article which you'll receive daily by autoresponder.
* Search this article directory for other parts of my article on BLAHBLAH. (This is the idea I like best because one long article can be cut into numerous parts, some publishers will download all parts for their promotions, meaning one lot of research and writing material can generate multiple incoming links for your site).
Avril Harper is the author of MORE INTERNET MARKETING ARTICLES and webmaster at http://www.publishingcircles.com