Using articles as a method of marketing is all well and good, but there really isn't any point if your article does not get the exposure to drive traffic to your site. Of course you will still gain from backlinks by the article sites that accept your article, but you will be missing out hugely from the publishers looking to pick up informative and interesting articles from these sites to syndicate on their own.
There are many people that dread having to write articles, and this may have a large part to play in the poor end product. Rushing to the end of an article by writing the same content reworded is certainly not the way to go if you want to fulfill the potential that your article could have on readers.
Similarily, to some people, reading articles seems like to much hard work too, and this is especially the case if the article they are reading is boring and bland.
So how do you make an article interesting to read?
You should write an article about something that you feel passionate about and have an avid interest it. This will give you the best possible opportunity to write an informative article as writing is unquestionable easier when it is something that you already know as second nature and enjoy discussing. Here are a few tips to get you started on writing your article so that it gets read in its entirety:
1) Use short paragraphs that provide a fact or a valuable piece of information for the reader. Often when authors write articles, they get so wrapped up with what they are trying to say that the sentence rambles on. This may result in the sentence or paragraph becoming quite confusing and difficult to read.
2) Use numbers and bullets to highlight the key points, tips, or guides. This will indicate to the reader where the key points of the article are, and will also make the points easier to digest and remember.
3) Use a title to the article that is attention-grabbing. If your title is enticing and grabs the readers' attention in some way, you are already half-way in getting a person to read the entire article.
4) If possible, use real life situations that can be adopted by the reader. Use good descriptions and metaphors to drive in your point. Graphic metaphors and similes would make it easier for the reader to imagine what it is you are talking about.
5) If there are any facts and figures that you can use in your topic, then do so. Using specific facts can heighten your article because it makes it authoritative. However, blend these facts into the article lightly rather than being too formal.
Here I've highlighted a few points that you can follow the next time you write an article, although there are many things that contribute to the success of your article marketing efforts.
Justin Brown maintains the website http://www.articleblotter.com and enjoys writing articles relating to article marketing. We encourage you to visit the site and submit articles if you choose to, or browse the many features that are already added to the site to help you online.