Back in 1998 I wrote an article on "The Care and Feeding of Parents." It went into our local paper and then out to other papers for distribution.
I really did not give it much thought until recently when I posted it to EzineArticles.com and then used it in my Parenting Your Teenager newsletter.
A reporter that I have worked with for some time is on my newletter mailing list and he really liked the article. He interviewed me for a piece he was doing on parents and teens, and then pitched it to his editor.
His editor liked it do much they made a feature story on it and ran it on page one of the Living section. It has since been picked up by newspapers all across the country and all over the world.
Here are just a few of the immediate benefits of this one article:
1. I'm getting calls from papers all over the country wanting to do further interviews on the subject.
2. Each time the full article is run, my name and contact information is mentioned at least 10 times, sometimes more.
3. Countless new subscribers and customers.
4. A tele-seminar based on the article is in the works.
5. An ebook and CD series based on the article is in the works.
There is no way to measure the long term benefits.
All this from one article.
If you have not already stopped reading to get going, then get going.
Visit The Article Empire Coach for more leading edge tips and tools for writing articles that bring you prospects, publicity and profits. You can also
subscribe to our monthly Article Empire Tips Newsletter. You are also invited to visit my Express-Start Article Writing Program for more information on the next article writing tele-seminar.