Who are the three groups of people that benefit from publishing articles and how do they all benefit from this activity? Firstly there is the author of the article, then the article directory where it is published and finally the visitors to the directory who read the article.
There are numerous benefits that each of these groups get out of this process.
What's The Purpose of Article Directories
Most articles are submitted by webmasters (anyone who has a website) and the content of the article would closely match the theme of their website. The author of the article is entitled to include a resource box at the end of the article where they can promote their product / services and include a link back to their website.
Some directories allow one or two links within the body of the article, but they must not be perceived as advertising or blatant affiliate links. If this is allowed, then the link must be relevant to the context of the article. As this facility has been abused in the past, not as many directories allow this anymore.
Tip: My advice is to not to put any links in the body, because if your article is rejected, you have to go back and resubmit and all this can cause considerable delays before your article is published. If you think it is absolutely necessary to mention a specific site, then do so but do not make it a hyperlink.
The Article Directory Benefits By:
* Free source of content for their sites
* Large volumes of qualified (visitors interested in the content) free traffic
* Generate income from context (related to content) based advertising
Visitors To The Directory Benefits From:
* Free source of quality articles
* Permitted to include articles on their own sites provided they make no changes to the article and leave the resource box and links intact
Publishers / Authors Benefit By:
* Good quality links back to their websites, which improves their rankings with search engines such as Google, Yahoo and MSN.
* Anytime someone reads the article and clicks on the links, they get a free visitor to their website or affiliate URL.
A good idea is to get some help in the form of step by step instructions and coaching videos designed specifically for newbies.
If you are a newbie struggling to make sense of internet marketing and want to find out more about writing / submitting articles and how anyone can now make profits from selling info products, Internet Business Buddy provides you with all the help you need. For a limited promotional period you can get a free copy of his life changing system (reports and video tutorials). Click here to get yours now